Now Welcoming Back Parent Volunteers!
Historically families have been asked to volunteer and participate on campus 40 hours per year, which works out to 1 hour per week or 4 hours per month. Throughout the pandemic, parent volunteers have not been able to be on campus. We are excited to welcome back our volunteers! No amount of time donated is too short or too long!
Volunteering and participation are always optional. We do strongly encourage participation in order to foster the home-school connection and work tirelessly to create a culture where families feel welcome to come onto campus often, but of course, we understand that is not an option for every family. Volunteering can happen through a variety of opportunities including classroom volunteering, operational/facilities assistance, relevant professional expertise, administrative tasks or by attending Parent University workshops and seminars.
EXAMPLES OF FAMILY VOLUNTEER WORK
- In-class support as an educator aide
- Adult workshops – parents teaching other parents
- Outside research in support of specific school projects
- Driving on field trips (must register as driver)
- Organizing a community service project for learners
- Supervising at the school – lunch periods, recess, before school
- Operation support – maintenance of the campus
- All volunteers working with children must have a current TB test on file which is valid for 4 years.
- All volunteers must provide proof of either receiving the COVID 19 vaccination, a negative test result no earlier than 48 hours prior to the volunteer date or a same-day negative rapid antigen test prior to being admitted into classes.
- Volunteers must scan their valid photo ID or DL through the Check In system in the front office to obtain a visitor’s pass for each day on campus.
- To drive and/or chaperone groups of learners during field studies, a LiveScan criminal background check is required as well. LiveScan screenings are valid for the full duration of stay at the school. LiveScan can be obtained at various LiveScan locations and could take up to 2 weeks to clear.
Please contact your child’s facilitator, call or visit the office, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We look forward to working closely with our families again!