California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress
California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress – English, Math, and Science Parent and Guardian Notification Letter
There are many ways to measure your child’s learning. Your child’s facilitator uses Reports of Progress, classroom work samples, teacher observations, and end-of-year statewide test results to get a complete picture of your child’s learning. Each year, learners participate in the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP). Your child will take the following tests, depending on their grade level or instructional program:
- Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments for English Language Arts and Math, required tests in grades 3–8 and 11
- California Science Test (CAST), a required test in grades 5 and 8 and once in high school
This year, iLEAD Lancaster will give the summative assessments in person throughout the month of May. The testing schedule is listed below:
You are an important part of your child’s education. To make sure your child feels comfortable taking tests, you can:
- Explain to your child that these tests are tools to help them learn, and they should not be anxious or scared.
- Explore the practice tests with your child at caaspp.org/practice-and-training/index.html so they can become familiar with the platform and setup of the tests.
- Remind your child that you and their facilitator want them to try their best and are there to help, every step of the way.
You will receive your child’s results at or before the beginning of the next school year. The results will identify where your child is doing well or needs more help, so you can better support their learning at home, and facilitators can better support their learning in the classroom.
To learn more about these tests go to the Starting Smarter web page at ca.startingsmarter.org/, or review the Parent Guides to Understanding at cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/ca/parentguidetounderstand.asp.
If you have questions, please contact Sajae Davison at email@example.com.
Current Families, It’s Time to Re-register!
Dear iLEAD Lancaster Families, We are looking forward to an exciting 2023-24 school year! We are asking all returning families to complete your re-registration forms. This will require several steps,… Read more
Buy One Get One Free Scholastic Book Fair: June 5-9
Get your learner excited and ready for summer reading by shopping at our Buy One Get One Free Scholastic Book Fair! Our fair is open from June 5-9. Check out… Read more
School Site Council (SSC) Meeting: June 6
Please join us on site at 3:30 PM on Tuesday, June 6, for our School Site Council (SSC) Meeting. Please see the meeting agenda here. Our school receives funding from… Read more