We are always thinking strategically about how we can make processes faster, easier, and more efficient for our school community. One of the “big rocks” for us is front office valet. In considering office congestion (fire hazard due to large crowds), general campus safety, and a quick process for dismissal, we’ve made the decision that parents will now be allowed to go pick up their children from class!
Below are the details on the process:
- One line into the Office
- One line to exit the Office
- Parents/Guardians/Daycare MUST have a valet card in-hand to be permitted to the classes.
** We will no longer be writing passes at the table as this takes our attention away from the learners and adults coming in/out of the office. **
- Parents/Guardians/Daycare that DO NOT have a valet card in-hand will be asked to wait until 3:30 when staff can do ID verification and issue a pass.
Please note that during 3-3:30pm facilitators are very busy with ensuring drive-through valet learners are sent outside and that office valet learners are picked up by an adult with a valet card. For this reason we ask that you hold discussions with them AFTER 3:30pm. As you know, we encourage parents to foster healthy communication with facilitators, we just need to be mindful of their attention during this very busy process.
We would also like to bring to attention that all adults visiting campus are required to sign in and out at the desk and obtain a visitor’s pass. This includes our parents that volunteer daily. The “why” behind this is for safety. In the case of an emergency we must know who is on campus and be able to account for them just the same as staff and learners. Our visitors and volunteers are important to our community so we must keep them safe too!
DRIVE-THROUGH VALET REMINDERS
- Valet cards are required to be displayed in windows until learners are placed in cars.
- Cars without valet cards will be parked and directed to the front office to verify ID for release of learner(s).
- Drive slow and considerate.Please keep in mind the safety of learners and staff.
- Questions or concerns can be shared with staff in safety vests during valet.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in finding a win-win for all!
Join us for our next iSUPPORT meeting on January 25.